When it comes to tennis bags, there is something out there for everyone. This includes options for people that are just casually playing a few games now and then, and for those who have grown up playing tennis every weekend.
You probably know that if you want to play the game, you have to be able to keep your equipment handy. This includes things like racquets, balls, and more. To do this, you will need a tennis bag. This type of bag is suited just for these purposes, and keeps everything safe and protected. Here’s a look at the best tennis bags out there, and how to determine which one you should buy.
Table of Contents
- 1 10 Best Tennis Bags 2020
- 1.1 1. Hadaki Tennis Travel Tote – Comes in Many Styles
- 1.2 2. Wilson Racquet Sports Tour V Backpack – Best for Traveling
- 1.3 3. Babolat Pure Tennis Backpack – Best in compact storage solutions
- 1.4 4. Athletico 3 Racquet Tennis Bag – Best value
- 1.5 5. Head Core 3R Pro Tennis Bag – Great for all types of players
- 1.6 6. Tecnifibre Rebound Tennis Bag – Has good durability
- 1.7 7. Gigavibe Premium Tennis Bag – Best midsize bag
- 1.8 8. Babolat Pure Grey Bag – Most well rounded
- 1.9 9. Wilson Federer Team Collection Tennis Bag – Best in professional grade
- 1.10 10. Head Djokovic Tennis Holdall – Best in features
- 2 How to Choose in Tennis Bags
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
10 Best Tennis Bags 2020
1. Hadaki Tennis Travel Tote – Comes in Many Styles
If you are looking for something stylish, this is something that can’t be beat. This tote is available in approximately 20 different patterns and looks a lot like a purse. There are straps for your shoulder, so you can wear it like a purse, or carry it in your hand.
You can hold one racquet in this one, and it zips up to protect the head of it. The handle hangs out of the side of the bag, so it won’t be sheltered from the elements.
This product comes with many cool features. It is waterproof and doesn’t contain chemicals. For example, it is free from phthalates and azo dyes, making it less likely to give you any kind of skin reaction.
You can also just wipe it clean if you spill something, so you can keep it looking good. One thing that you will need to be aware of is that the bag can topple over if you set it down. This is especially true if you have your racket in it.
- Available in over a dozen colors and patterns
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Can tip over when you set it down
2. Wilson Racquet Sports Tour V Backpack – Best for Traveling
This is a great option if you are traveling. It holds 1 or 2 racquets and a bunch of extras. There is a large area designed to hold your clothes or a pair of shoes and smaller pockets, for important stuff like balls, grips, or your keys and wallet. There’s even a pocket to hold your tablet, or perhaps a book, where it can stay protected.
This fancy bag comes in blue or red and you wear it just like a backpack, so no matter the weight, it shouldn’t hurt your back at all.
With this one, the racquet heads are protected, but the handles will be uncovered at the top of the bag. They do come out at an angle, so you may have get used to that, to keep from bumping into things.
- Lots of pockets
- Padded shoulder straps
- Quality stitching
- Racquets hang out of bag at an angle
3. Babolat Pure Tennis Backpack – Best in compact storage solutions
Here is another backpack style bag, which can hold 1 or 2 rackets. It comes in bright yellow, blue, or gray, with black accents. It is great when you need a lot of space for little extras that you like to have on you at all times.
One difference between this one and other backpacks is that it has a sleeve to protect the handle of your racket. In other words, none of your equipment will be exposed to the elements.
There are also a couple of ventilated pockets, so you can air out sweaty or wet clothes and accessories. To take the weight off your back, it has a chest strap, as well as reinforced straps, which makes it a lot like a hiking backpack.
One thing to keep in mind is that you have to be careful with the zippers, or you might have to replace them.
- Offers protection for the whole racquet
- Has ventilated pockets
- Comes with a chest strap
- Have to be careful with the zippers
4. Athletico 3 Racquet Tennis Bag – Best value
You don’t need a fancy bag in order for it to do what you need it to. This bag is generic looking, but has enough space to hold up to 3 racquets.
It doesn’t have all the fancy extras that some others have, but it does have an exterior pocket so you can carry extra balls, and it is made of a strong polyester material. One thing that sets it apart is that it comes with a money back guarantee. If you don’t like it for some reason, you can get your money back after buying it.
It has one shoulder strap, or you can carry it like a briefcase. You will also have to be able to get all your extras in one pocket. If you can’t, you probably should keep looking.
- Can carry it multiple ways
- Offers a money back guarantee
- Made of strong polyester
- Some people may need more storage space
5. Head Core 3R Pro Tennis Bag – Great for all types of players
If you are looking for something that will work great for anyone in your house, it is this bag. It has a unique shape and is black, blue, and white, so it will work for a male or female. It is another bag that will hold up to 3 racquets with no problem.
There are hand straps and an adjustable shoulder strap, so you can choose to carry it however you desire. It doesn’t take up a lot of space, even when it is full, due to its slimline design.
There is plenty of padding for whatever you need, but it only has one external pocket. This may not be enough space for everyone, especially if you like to bring many extra supplies.
- Has a good amount of padding
- Doesn’t take up a lot of space
- Adjustable straps
- Only has 1 extra pocket
6. Tecnifibre Rebound Tennis Bag – Has good durability
People that need to carry many racquets around at once may like this bag. It can hold up to 6 comfortably. If you don’t have that many, this leaves lots of space for other extras. It has shoulder straps, so it can be worn like a backpack.
There is a large pocket on the side for your keys and valuables, and there is shock absorption built into the product. You won’t have to be concerned if you drop it or it falls, since your cargo will be safe.
The outer material is strong as well, since it is waterproof, and is unlikely to scratch or tear. It does not have a flashy design though, which can be a plus or minus, depending on your tastes.
- Made of scratch and tear resistant material
- Bag provides shock absorptionEasy to carry
- Has a generic design
7. Gigavibe Premium Tennis Bag – Best midsize bag
Here is another bag that can hold up to 6 racquets. It is very generic in design, so you won’t be advertising for a specific brand when you use this one. It looks a lot like a soft guitar case.
Like others, you can decide how you want to carry it, since there are multiple straps, and there are enough pockets to hold whatever you like to have with you when you are playing tennis.However, the feature that is most impressive with this one is a lifetime warranty. This lets you know that you should not have any problems with this bag, and if you do, you can just contact the company to see how to remedy the situation.
Some users had problems with some of the straps, so make sure they are working properly and there are no snags before each use.
- Has a lifetime warranty
- Offers a great amount of space
- Has an inconspicuous look to it
- Have to be careful with straps
8. Babolat Pure Grey Bag – Most well rounded
This Babolat bag will hold up to 9 racquets, which is a quite a few. You can imagine how heavy it can get when it is full of gear, so don’t be surprised if you fill it up and can’t carry it far.
Since you will likely be carrying a lot of expensive equipment in this one, it has the extras to keep everything safe. The large compartment where you put your racquets has thermal protection, which ensures that they are always safe from extreme temperatures.
Furthermore, there is a hard pocket to keep your cell phone and other electronics intact, and there’s a removable shoe sack, so you can air out your shoes after you use them.
You can carry it 3 different ways, including, utilizing the backpack straps. The colors are gray, black, and white, so the bag has an understated look to it.
- Provides thermal protection
- Has a hard pocket for valuables
- Comes with a shoe sack
- Can be heavy when loaded up
9. Wilson Federer Team Collection Tennis Bag – Best in professional grade
This is a professional grade bag, which is much like the one that Federer uses when he plays the game. In fact, it has his signature printed right on the bag. It offers enough room for up to 12 racquets, so it is especially for people that are very serious about the game.
Some people may desire more pockets. There is only one large outer pocket, but the inner section is divided into 2 large pockets, which can hold 6 racquets each.
The whole thing is made from ripstop nylon and there is a special handle to help you grip it. Moreover, there are multiple handles for carrying it, or you can wear it like a backpack.
- Made of ripstop nylon
- Federer’s signature printed on bag
- Has an easy grab handle
- Doesn’t have a lot of pockets
10. Head Djokovic Tennis Holdall – Best in features
This is another bag that is professional grade and able to hold up to 12 racquets. It is designed to be much like Djokovic’s bag, so if you like him, you may like this bag too.
It has space for everything you like to carry with you. There are two large sections in the middle for the rackets, one of which has a special lining that gives it climate control. There is a special pocket for shoes, and there are two outer pockets for everything else.
It is a breeze to carry, since you can take your pick of how to do so. Of course, once you fill this one up, it will get wide. Make sure you have the space to keep it in your car or locker.
- Special pockets for all your gear
- Has climate controlled pocket
- Easy to carry
- Bag is very wide
How to Choose in Tennis Bags
It’s important to know what you’re looking for before you purchase a quality tennis bag. You need to be sure that you know how often you play the game and exactly what you will be using it for. Here’s a look at some of these prerequisites and how they can affect your decision.
1. Size Requirements
The most important requirement you will notice is size. There are a few different sizes of tennis bags, ranging from small to large.
- Backpacks or Totes. These are the smallest of the bunch. They can carry 1 or 2 tennis racquets and pretty much anything else you need. Since it is a backpack or a purse type bag, you’ll be able to carry it around easily, and it won’t take up too much space. These come in really handy if you don’t get to play tennis as often as you like, or you have to ride a bicycle to the courts. At the same time, remember that the handle of the equipment will often be exposed with this type of bag.
- 3 pack bags. Like the name suggests, you can carry up to 3 racquets in this kind. These bags are just a little bit bigger than backpacks, but they don’t have to go on your back. More than likely, you will also get a few storage compartments with them as well. You can keep balls, towels, and any other essentials in these compartments, so you have everything in the same place. This is also a good bag for a beginner, or for people that don’t need to carry around a lot of gear.
- 6 pack bags. This type of bag can essentially hold 6 racquets, and is great for people that are very serious about their equipment. For the most part, the design of these is broken down into two large matching compartments, and you can house racquets in both if you want. However, most people use one section for racquets and the other for their clothes and everything else they need to play tennis. These bags will have a good level of support and are usually well made, so they will be comfortable to hold and can handle the amount of weight you put in them.
- 9 pack bags. Nine pack bags are really just a size that is in between 6 and 12 packs. They are able to hold a lot of your belongings and up to 9 racquets.
- 12 pack bags. These bags are the largest and are for those most serious about the game of tennis. They can hold up to 12 racquets, or house pretty much anything you would need to work out and use during your matches. The best thing about this size of bag is that it will come with many extras, so you have support and function, and you’ll also have other cool features too. Extras can be anything from extra pockets to sections that are protected against rain or high temperatures. This is the type of bag that professionals use, so they can carry everything for a tournament in one place.
2. How You Want to Wear It
There are two options here. Depending on your needs, you can opt for a bag that can be worn on your back or your shoulder. Besides backpacks, many items have more than one type of strap, so you can choose how you want to wear it. However, if the way that you hold it and wear it is important to you, it is best to look at options that have shoulder straps, hand straps, or both, whatever your preference is. You may also carry it in your hands, as most options have handles to hold it like a lunch kit.
You can choose from whatever colors you want, since there are countless colors and styles when it comes to these bags. This aspect may not be important to you, but you should be aware that there are plenty of options out there, in case you want your tennis gear to match, or prefer a certain color.
This is another thing that doesn’t make too much of a difference, unless you really have a loyalty to a certain brand. There are quite a few brands that make great bags, so there’s plenty out there to choose from.
There are many extras that can be present in bags. These include things like two different types of straps, offering ripstop protection, having a certain number of pockets, and even ventilation or insulation. Keep these features in stuff in mind as you’re looking, especially if you desire a specific feature.
1. How much should I spend on a tennis bag
Since there are so many options, sizes, and brands to choose from, there is no reason to pay a lot for a bag. There are products for every type of budget, and the price doesn’t necessarily dictate how good of a bag you’ll get.
Most items out there are reasonably priced, so you can have a cool bag that is also made well, without having to spend a lot of money. You can spend anywhere from 30 to 100 dollars and get whatever you like.
2. How long can I use it
You can use your bag for as long as you want to. Some people get a new one every year, but this is really just a matter of your own preferences. If there’s nothing wrong with your bag, there isn’t reason to get another one, unless there is something else out there that you really want.
Should I have more than one racquet?
If you are even slightly interested in taking up tennis as a hobby or a way to get great exercise, it is a good idea to have more than one racquet. One reason for this is that one could become damaged and you’d be able to swap them out and still be able to play without missing a beat. Oftentimes you may need to get your racquet stringed again or get a grip fixed and you’ll need something to use in the meantime.
3. Is there a proper way to clean my bag
Many bags can be spot cleaned, if they get a stain or something on them. Others are waterproof and won’t really need to be cleaned too much. You can just wipe them off with a damp cloth. Check the care instructions on your bag, if it comes with them, and follow those directions.
Unlike many other things in life, it isn’t hard to choose a tennis bag, once you know the few parameters you have to sift through. The main one is the size. If you are already aware of how many racquets you have and need to take with you, this part is a breeze. Other aspects are less important, although they may still factor into your decision.
In this list, the best buy is the Gigavibe Premium Tennis Bag. It has enough space for a lot of gear and it comes with a lifetime warranty. Since it holds up to 6 rackets, that should be enough room for the average user, with some to spare. It doesn’t have a flashy design, which is good because people won’t want to take it from you or ask you where you got it.
If you need something bigger or smaller, there are great products in this list to choose from. Purchase one that you’ll feel good about using and has the features you want.